The press release HTML editor needs to have ‘clean’ text so that you can edit and publish successfully.
If you ever copy and paste text from another source such as a web page or word document you will need to ensure that you ‘clean’ the text by copying it into a notepad or text cleaner first.
Copy your source text from web page or other document
You’ll see that if it is pasted directly into the press release it will bring hyperlinks and formatting. This needs to be cleaned
- If using a PC open Notepad (on a Mac it’s TextEdit in plain text format)
- Paste in your source text - it will strip out any formatting
- If you do not have access to Notepad you can use an online text cleaner such as www.textcleanr.com
- Copy this text and paste it back into the press release
- Your text can now be edited and formatted